03 June 2019
Leaders Break Ground on New Travis County Civil and Family Courts Facility
Friday, May 31 marked the official groundbreaking of the new Travis County Civil and Family Court facility.
County leaders and members of the Travis County Courthouse Development Partners (TCCDP) project team were present to commemorate the occasion, a project in the works for several years.
Built in the 1930s and now far beyond its original intended capacity, the County’s current courthouse has long struggled to meet the demands of the growing Austin community, resulting in increased inefficiency and issues of security for its users.
Scheduled for completion in the fourth quarter of 2022, the new facility is a welcomed improvement to the cramped quarters of the current courthouse. The new and improved facility will feature abundant green spaces as well as 25 new state-of-the-art courtrooms, a self-help center, and a short term child drop-off center.
TCCDP is comprised of the following team members:
- Lead Courts Designer – CGL Companies
- Lead Developer – Hunt Development Group (CGL parent company) supported by Amber Infrastructure
- Co-Developer – Chameleon Companies
- Design-Builder – Hensel Phelps
- Lead Building Designer – Gensler
- Groundbreaking marks start of construction on new Travis County Civil and Family Court – via kxan.com